The Equity and Campus Diversity Office, in partnership with the President's Council on Equity and Campus Diversity, sponsors:
The Equity and Campus Diversity Office, in partnership with the President's Council on Equity and Campus Diversity sponsors two campus-wide award programs.
The Buffalo State Presidential Diversity Awards recognize the accomplishments of faculty, staff, students, units and departments of the College that contribute to diversity and inclusion through exemplary leadership. Recipients should demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion through recruitment and retention efforts, teaching, research, multicultural programming, cultural competency, community outreach activities or other initiatives.
Opens on FEBRUARY 1, 2020 and closes on MARCH 15, 2020. Recipients will be announced, and all nominees celebrated in April at the Campus Diversity Student Leadership and President’s Council for Equity and Campus Diversity Annual Awards Celebration.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees should be current faculty, staff, students, units or departments of the College. Nominations can be submitted by individual employees (including supervisors, direct reports and peers of the nominees), students, College organizations, employee networks and diversity councils. Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
· Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, and/or equity by documented efforts that are above and beyond the routine expectations of the job or program
· Evidence of exceptional efforts to promote a College environment that is free from bias, harassment and discrimination
· Substantiation of the contribution that the individual, team, or unit has made towards advancing the College’s diversity and inclusion efforts
Areas of Accomplishment(s)
Success in leading and enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts can be demonstrated in many ways. Nominations should be based on demonstrated leadership or competencies in one or more of the following areas:
· Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the diversity of our faculty or staff
· Activities to attract or recruit students who increase the diversity of our schools, or to help ensure the success of those students
· Activities to create leadership teams and department/units that promote a diverse and inclusive culture
· Sponsorship, development, or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion
· Collaboration with campus or community groups in the creation, sponsorship, and implementation of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
· Recognition and celebration of exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion
The Diversity Awards Selection Committee will choose a maximum of two award recipients per year. Award recipients will be honored during the College’s Equity and Campus Diversity Annual Awards Program. Each Presidential Diversity Award recipient/unit/department will receive $1,000.00 towards participation in a professional development diversity conference, workshop or seminar.
Application Deadline and Instructions for Submitting Nominations
· Nomination period February 1, 2020 through March 15, 2020. Award to be applied for 2020-2021 academic year
· Use a separate nomination letter for each nominee. Make sure that the contact information is accurate and complete
· The nomination statement is to be attached and should not exceed two pages. The nomination statement should specifically identify the individual/unit/department contributions and accomplishments toward the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
· The nomination should include two letters of support. One of the letters of support should be from the supervisor, department chair, center director, or dean (in the case of an individual nominee) or from a supervisory individual representing the office
· Nomination applications should be returned to Equity and Diversity in Cleveland 415
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.